After Care Dermal Filler
- Apply a cool compress for 10 minutes every hour on the day of treatment, or as required (do not apply directly to the skin wrap in cloth or tissue.)
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Do not expose the area to intense heat (eg solarium, sun or hot showers)
- Avoid pressure on treated areas for the first few nights, especially if treated with deep check filler (ie sleep on back)
- Pain relief such as paracetamol may be taken if needed
- Consider a topical treatment such as Image Recovery Balm to reduce bruising
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Do not use AHA, Retinols/Vitamin C therapy or oil based make-up for 24 hours
- Avoid facials, facial waxing, Glycolic or AHA peels, IPL or energy based treatments and icrodermabrasion for two weeks after treatment. Please check with your physician before undergoing other facial treatments within this time. Please follow your usual protocol ie: tablets, creams or patches.
- Do not massage the treated area unless instructed by your physician.
- There is a small chance that a treatment may induce an outbreak of facial cold sores in patients with a previous history.
- You will generally be invited to attend a follow-up appointment 2-4 weeks after your treatment. This enables for the best results possible.
- Lips are generally retreated after approximately 6 months
- Clinical trials and practitioner experience demonstrates that the duration of dermal filler increases the more frequently you repeat the treatment.
Immediately after treatment with Dermal filler + Hyaluronidase, there may be a sight redness, swelling, tenderness or an itching sensation in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection and generally disappears in a few days.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the clinic if you have any concerns or questions.