Taking The Mystery Out of Dermal Fillers
Youth is a state of mind; confidence, a feeling that comes from looking in the mirror and loving what you see. When signs of ageing start to appear in lines and wrinkles, it can trick the brain into thinking our best days are behind us.
Dermal fillers help more than 3 million women each year regain the confidence of smooth skin, full lips, and contoured cheeks. Dermal fillers are a safe and effective treatment and are a firm favourite for women (and men) who want to unbridle their inner beauty with naturally beautiful skin free of wrinkles, sagging skin and uneven contours.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
“Dermal fillers” is the name given to a suite of surgical structure building treatments, including:
- Facial fillers
- Lip fillers
- Brow lifts
- Cheek enhancement
- Forehead enhancement
- Nonsurgical rhinoplasty
- Hand rejuvenation
Cosmetic injectables are a safe alternative to cosmetic surgery. Using hyaluronic acid (found naturally in the body), dermal filler treatments target deeper areas of volume loss, literally filling the depleted areas where lines and wrinkles appear. Hyaluronic acid, is a gel substance which naturally plump and hydrate problem areas.
Treatment should always be administered by a qualified, Dentist, Doctor or Supervised Registered Nurse.
What Can You Expect?
Our Perth cosmetic injectables redefine contouring and provide structural support through careful application in specific areas of the face. Dermal fillers are most common in the chin, brows, cheeks and nose.
- Lip filler improves the shape, size, symmetry and proportion of lips
- Chins are more projected and proportionate
- Nasal filler improves the shape and contour of noses
- Brow filler creates fuller wrinkle-free brows
- Cheek structure and support is restored with dermal fillers
Plus we can also treat temples, nose to mouth lines, marionette lines and areas under the chin for a holistic youthful suppleness.
Dermal Fillers: Instant, Lasting Results
You can expect to see results immediately after your cosmetic injectable treatment which continue to improve over the next 2 to 4 weeks. A single face filler treatment can last anywhere from 6 to 18 months, depending on the dermal filler used and how your body responds.
With regular treatments and the appropriate after care, you can maintain a balanced and beautiful look for months.
After Care For Dermal Fillers
- Apply ice or a cold compress frequently for the first 6 to 8 hours
- Avoid heat inducing activities (like strenuous exercise) for at least 24 hours
- Try not to put pressure on the treated areas for 48 hours
- Abstain from alcohol for at least 24 hours
- Don’t take medication like ibuprofen or aspirin as they can promote bruising
- Some multivitamins (fish oil, glucosamine, multivitamins, vitamins B and E) are also blood thinners
- Cranberry and garlic should be avoided for 10 days prior and 5 days after
- Avoid excessive sunshine and solariums for at least 24 hours
Mild swelling, redness and bruising is common after dermal fillers. This subsides quickly as long as you follow the tailored dermal filler aftercare plan set out by your clinician. We will book you in for a post treatment review 2 weeks after your treatment.
For more information on dermal fillers or to book a complimentary initial consultation with Perth’s cosmetic injectable experts at The London Clinic, fill in the contact form online or call us directly.